10.25.2009

20 going on 35

Next week I turn twenty-years old but sometimes it feels like I'm thirty-fve. It's something about the way I think, the way I feel about life, the way I see and relate to people. For some reason I've always been very critical about the way I make my decisions, about who I am. It's like I always expect myself to have a mature behaviour about everything that happens to me and if I don't, I feel extremely disappointed.

Luckily I realized this in time to change! I mean, yes, we should always try to be the most mature about everything in life but hey I still get away with 19-year-old attitudes and thoughts, don't I? Exactly, imagine me reaching my 30's and trying to be 19 again? Yeah, we can't go backwards so I will live my age right now. Allow myself to be and feel as a nineteen-year old girl. Well, I'd say twenty.

For this next year, this next phase of my life I'm differently foccused. Foccused in my professional and academic future now. Allowing myself to go out and have fun, go clubbing, meet different people, do different things and more than anything smile. I declare that this year the only tears I'll shed will be of joy. Joy, laughter, happiness... those are the three words for my 20's.

For my 20's I only desire to be a beautiful and happy young woman on the rise. On the journey towards success! I dedicate this to being YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL, but this time not only in a place called Brasil, this time I want to be any and everywhere. May my smile open doors and my intelligence keep them open! This is how I feel now: OPENed!

OPENed for new opportunities, new people, new places... new feelings! ;) All the way new! ;) I'm 20 going on 20 now! ;) I'm not trying to be more mature than the world might expect me to, I will just be who I am, whether I'm mature or not I quit being too hard on myself cuz at the end of the day I'm the only one who deals with all of the expectations I impose anyways~

Let me shine and naturally be who I'm supposed to~

'Bea-you-tee-full'

G. A.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.